2nd Line Support Engineer
Our client is a leading business IT support and service company. From our help desk office in Borough Green (near to M20/M26), we support customers across Kent, London and the South East.
Our engineers are client-focused and are expected to manage every aspect of customer accounts at both the granular and strategic levels. The right person will be presented with a challenging and dynamic role, delivering high-quality IT services to their growing customer base.
They are renowned for superlative customer service and helpful nature, key factors in the long-term relationships they build with their customers.
About the Role
· The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be working as part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy and expanding IT services company. The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be expected to work through helpdesk tickets and will have the opportunity to go out on-site and visit clients
· The existing team is efficient and friendly as it deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base. There is an approximate 50/50 split of time in and out of the office
· The 2nd Line Network Engineer will need to thrive on multi-tasking as they complete tasks like installing servers, replacing workstations, dealing with application faults and resolving OS faults as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues
· The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be given responsibility for their own projects where they will be expected to manage every technical aspect whilst maintaining constant liaison with the client
· The 2nd Line Network Engineer will primarily use the products and services within the established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and then escalate them into new sales
· The role includes making suggestions to the client concerning future improvements in-line with their individual business needs
Key Skills and Background
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
· Server networking (DHCP, DNS, RRAS, TCP/IP)
· Firewalling (Common port numbers, routing, network fault diagnosis)
· Remote working (RRAS, VPN, RDP)
· User support (Account unlocks, account creation, password changes, NTFS permissions)
· Exchange / O365 (Mailbox creation, distribution groups)
· Printer support (Network printing, common troubleshooting)
· Workstation support (All common troubleshooting)
· Excellent communications skills (specifically oral, literacy and numeracy)
· High standards of customer service and a personable nature
· Experienced problem-solver
· Experience of SharePoint, Server Hosting (specifically VMware & Hyper-V) and Cisco IOS would be advantageous
· 1 to 2 years of previous experience on a helpdesk or as a site engineer
· Recognised Microsoft accreditations (MCSA, MCSE, MCPs) would be advantageous
The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be required to work shift hours to suit the needs and requirements of the business:- 7:45am – 4:15pm, 8:45am – 5:15pm, 9:45am – 6:15pm.
On a roster basis there is an out-of-hours service between 6:00pm – 8:00am Monday to Friday and 24 hours on Saturday, Sunday or a Bank Holiday. For being on call for out of hours service the rate of pay is as follows:-
£20.00 – for being on standby to accept out of hours calls on Monday to Friday
£50.00 – for being on standby to accept out of hours calls on a Sat, Sun or Bank Holiday
£20.00 – for each call the 2nd Line Network Engineer receives from a client
Holiday Entitlement: 32 days (including 8 bank holiday)
Contractual Sick Pay: Commencing after 6 months continuous employment (terms applied)
Expenses: Travel expenses for site visits
Find more 2nd Line Support Engineer jobs in Borough Green
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest 2nd Line Support Engineer job vacancies in the Borough Green and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
- Our ReferenceVR/02405J
- Location Borough Green, Kent
- Specialism IT Infrastructure
- Vacancy Type Full Time