2nd Line Support Engineer
Up to £26k
OPPORTUNITY for 2nd line Engineer TO GAIN MICROSOFT QUALIFICATIONS WHILST WORKING FOR LEADING MICROSOFT GOLD PARTNER
Our client is looking to recruit a 2nd Line Support Engineer as soon as possible, to work in their dedicated team and provide 1st class IT service to their clients throughout the UK. Based in their modern open plan offices, you will become a key member of the services team helping add value to clients while achieving the best possible customer services experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for a 2nd Line Engineer who is both customer-focused and technical, who is looking to further their career and thrive in a dynamic working environment.
They have been growing constantly for several years now, building their customer base and developing the services they offer. They are recruiting as a result of growth. They approach recruitment proactively ensuring that they have the correct capacity to cope with upcoming contract currently in the sales pipeline.
Working within a dedicated team of technical IT professionals, you will provide remote and on-site IT services to clients throughout the South East. Some of the larger clients require regular scheduled on-site Helpdesk services where you become an integral part of their in-house IT team. This is a key service delivered on a quarterly rota basis and one in which you, as a professional IT person, will be heavily involved in. During non-rota periods, you will be based at headquarters providing remote support services to a large and diverse range of clients.
The technical team consists of like-minded technical people who all have strong relationships both at work and outside of work. The atmosphere is positive and everyone clubs together to help each other out when needed. There is an attitude of sharing knowledge and making sure everyone achieves.
Clearly, as you become more experienced your knowledge will naturally increase, however, career progression is encouraged by providing training opportunities for you both internally and externally, including funding your Microsoft Certifications. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with basic to intermediate desktop support skills looking to further their career in a growing, positive and enjoyable environment.
· Company annual bonus,
· Pension scheme,
· 25 days holiday per annum,
· Discounted company purchasing scheme,
· Perkbox membership,
· Free Parking
· Free fruit, soft drinks
· Active social community.
· Every engineer gets 10 training days a year that can been booked in a similar way as holiday, which can be used for training courses, study and exam prep. All exams and training are fully paid for by the company.
· All engineers get their own training matrix which gives them a technical path to progress through their career. The training matrix is link to salary increases so as soon as each exam is passed the engineer’s salary is increased. This enables everyone to take control of their earning potential.
Responsibilities of the 2nd Line Engineer:
· IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments and SAN support
· Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security
· Support of Backup Exec, Veeam, Antivirus products, Exchange Server and SQL
· Project lead on occasional projects where experience and skills are best suited
· Support and mentoring of more junior members of the team
· On-boarding and off-boarding clients when required
· Installation work including PC, routers, printers and AV deployments
· Responsible for ensuring escalations are dealt with efficiently
· System and client documentation
· Improve customer service, perception and satisfaction
· Assist the Projects team where required with the conceptual design of new solutions
· Consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
· Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalogue and how it relates to customers’ needs
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Main accountabilities of 2nd Line Engineer:
· Shared ownership of the Helpdesk Service Board and ensure the service KPIs are within acceptable tolerances
· Work in order of SLA and priority of tickets
· Shared responsibility for dealing with NOC
· Understand and adhere to Services processes
· Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
· System documentation
· Enter all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets into ConnectWise
· Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
Key competencies of 2nd Line Engineer:
· Training in IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
· ITIL Foundation Qualifications
· Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
· Diagnosis skills of technical issues
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
· Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
· Service awareness of all the organisation’s key IT services for which support is being provided
· Understanding of support tools, techniques and how technology is used to provide IT services
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
· Positive and passionate about technology
Find more 2nd Line Support Engineer jobs in King’s Hill
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest 2nd Line Support Engineer job vacancies in the King’s Hill and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
- SalaryTo £26k
- Our ReferenceVR/02455R
- Location King's Hill, Kent
- Specialism IT Infrastructure
- Vacancy Type Full Time