Accounts / Audit Software Trainer
Maidstone, Kent – with frequent on site client visits (approx 3 days per week)
Do you fancy a varied role where you can use your personality and accounting knowledge to really shine, whilst working with an eclectic interesting group of people?
Perhaps you are currently working in an Accounts Practice / Environment but feel you have gone as far as you can?
Maybe you are already an experienced Software Trainer looking to join a new company working with first class software and people.
My Client is an exciting and slightly quirky software house who writes Accounting / Audit Software for the UK Market. They are looking for a bright Training Consultant who will install accounting software, train clients as well as doing the odd demo, help with pre-sales and do a bit of support from time to time. They want someone who is passionate about Accounts, has lots of ideas and is eager to work in a more exciting business environment.
- Career advancement – Comprehensive appraisal processes, skill development and team leadership structure will support your success. Promotion is from within where possible
- Holidays – Employees enjoy 23 days holiday in addition to eight public holidays. Additional holiday is accrued at the rate of one extra day for every two years of service up to a maximum of 28 days
- Pension – Automatic enrolment of employees on the pension scheme, which offers an above-average employer contribution
- Bonus – They believe in rewarding staff for their hard work. That’s why after a year of service you’ll be eligible for a discretionary profit -related bonus
- Life assurance – In the event of the death of an employee, this is paid at a rate of four times the basic annual salary
- Employee assistance programme – 24-hour confidential life-management and personal support services for employees and immediate family at the same address
- Childcare vouchers – A work/life balance can be difficult with young children, so there is a childcare voucher scheme through Edenred, by way of salary sacrifice
- Eye test – the cost of your eye tests is covered and a contribution towards the cost of your glasses or contact lenses if you need to wear them when working
- Dress – What you wear each day is up to you. They don’t have a strict dress code – it’s about being adaptable in your style to suit the nature of your working day
- Social – They are proud of their team spirit, their social committee organise plenty of events from bowling to go karting and evenings out
- Christmas – A good venue is booked so staff can celebrate Christmas in style! The annual party and ad hoc events are a chance to have fun with teammates and enjoy the entertainment provided
- Office environment – Enjoy a relaxed, comfortable working environment close to town centre amenities
- Charity – Each year different charities benefit from the annual football tournament, bake-off, tough mudders, skydives and more. You name it, they’ll do it for charity!
- Sporting events – Can’t bear to miss the World Cup and Wimbledon? Don’t worry, you’ll be able to watch the matches on numerous televisions around the office
- Free tea and coffee – No one wants to pay for drinks whilst at work. Sit back and enjoy a variety of free tea and coffee along with plenty of cold drink options.
The Training Consultant will be responsible for providing classroom and online training services for all of their clients professional and corporate clients. The courses cover the whole software suite, and can be a mixture of standard off-the-shelf modules and bespoke programmes. The Training Consultant will also be responsible for maintaining existing training material, creating new courses and generating video and audio content for the online training service.
- To provide training in the use of their suite of templates as and when required to any user or potential user, either at the company’s training centre or at user firms’ offices
- To assist the Manager in maintaining and/or developing suitable training material for use on the company’s training courses
- To assist with the maintenance and development of training material to assist users in the operation of the company’s templates
- To assist with the preparation of video and audio training material, including webinars
- To provide internal training all UK staff on product updates as and when required
- To assist the Support Team on non-training days, answering client calls, dealing with any problems that may arise, including repairing client files that are sent in electronically for attention
- To maintain your professional knowledge, and remain up to date with current trends in the accounting software and cloud software market
- To provide office based pre-sales support, reviews of client reporting requirements, query handling, preparation of training proposals
Support other internal teams as required with advice and guidance
Attend service meetings at key clients as required
Other administrative and technical tasks that may arise in the general course of business.
The role of Training Consultant role requires full awareness of, and compliance with the data security and data handling policy of the company.
- You will be an ACA or ACCA qualified or part-qualified accountant, with sound accounting practice experience. You will have a particular interest in technology and how it supports the work of an accounting team, and you are likely to have had some experience of using automated accounts production systems.
- Candidates with a strong knowledge of audit would have an advantage.
- Flexibility to travel – The role involves travel throughout the UK and Eire.
- 5+ years of experience in a statutory accounting or compliance role
- A formal full or part qualification in accounting
- Client contact experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong interest in Information technology, Cloud technology, and its application within the finance sector
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Patient & persistent
- An attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly competent in the use of standard office IT systems
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work as a team
- An aptitude for learning
- Commercial awareness
Find more Accounts / Audit Software Trainer jobs in Maidstone
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Accounts / Audit Software Trainer job vacancies in the Maidstone and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
- Salarycirca £40k
- Our ReferenceVR/02629R
- Location Maidstone Kent
- Specialism IT Project Manager
- Vacancy Type Full Time