Accounts Software Support Consultant
Our client is looking for an Accounts Software Support Consultant to be part of a growing telephone support team, assisting their corporate and professional customer-base with a wide range of software queries and product advice.
- Career advancement – Comprehensive appraisal processes, skill development and team leadership structure will support your success. Promotion is from within where possible
- Holidays – Employees enjoy 23 days holiday in addition to eight public holidays. Additional holiday is accrued at the rate of one extra day for every two years of service up to a maximum of 28 days
- Pension – Automatic enrolment of employees on the pension scheme, which offers an above-average employer contribution
- Bonus – They believe in rewarding staff for their hard work. That’s why after a year of service you’ll be eligible for a discretionary profit -related bonus
- Life assurance – In the event of the death of an employee, this is paid at a rate of four times the basic annual salary
- Employee assistance programme – 24-hour confidential life-management and personal support services for employees and immediate family at the same address
- Childcare vouchers – A work/life balance can be difficult with young children, so there is a childcare voucher scheme through Edenred, by way of salary sacrifice
- Eye test – the cost of your eye tests is covered and a contribution towards the cost of your glasses or contact lenses if you need to wear them when working
- Dress – What you wear each day is up to you. They don’t have a strict dress code – it’s about being adaptable in your style to suit the nature of your working day
- Social – They are proud of their team spirit, their social committee organise plenty of events from bowling to go karting and evenings out
- Christmas – A good venue is booked so staff can celebrate Christmas in style! The annual party and ad hoc events are a chance to have fun with teammates and enjoy the entertainment provided
- Office environment – Enjoy a relaxed, comfortable working environment close to town centre amenities
- Charity – Each year different charities benefit from the annual football tournament, bake-off, tough mudders, skydives and more. You name it, they’ll do it for charity!
- Sporting events – Can’t bear to miss the World Cup and Wimbledon? Don’t worry, you’ll be able to watch the matches on numerous televisions around the office
- Free tea and coffee – No one wants to pay for drinks whilst at work. Sit back and enjoy a variety of free tea and coffee along with plenty of cold drink options.
Responsibilities of Accounts Software Support Consultant
- Frontline telephone Technical Support.
- Logging of calls taken and action taken in contact management software.
- Dealing with customer emails and similar communications.
- Keeping all email correspondence up-to-date and filed within the customer directories.
- Diagnose software problems or faults and solve technical and applications problems.
- Talking customers through a series of actions, over the telephone.
- Monitoring progress and applying escalation procedures for problems not progressing satisfactorily.
- Proactively assist users in making effective use of the software available to them.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Updating self-help documents so customers/other team members can try to fix problems themselves.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications or updates.
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers.
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Assist more junior staff with customer calls.
- Give training to more junior staff where necessary.
- Represent the company and department at exhibitions/demonstrations/customer site as required.
- Plan and organise own work in a rapidly changing and technical environment.
- Maintain other support tools such as the ftp site, CRM system, VoiceMail and Knowledge Base.
- Record system enhancements and bugs in the internal bug register.
- Escalate to Senior bugs to be recorded on the International bug register.
Competencies of Accounts Software Support Consultant
- To achieve a good level of understanding and knowledge of the organisation’s products and services, which is improved and maintained at all times, ensuring that customer queries can be dealt with accurately and appropriately.
- To speak positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues.
- To communicate courteously with all customers by telephone and email building positive relationships and progressing issues and queries to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
- To deal appropriately with queries received via the telephone and / or email and provide written or oral responses to confirm the information or outcome
- To work together with other departments within the organisation to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability
- Such other general and administrative duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Experience required for Accounts Software Support Consultant
You will be articulate, with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to communicate at all levels. You should possess accounts experience and strong IT skills would be a distinct advantage.
Core skills required are:
- The ability to build customer relationships
- The ability to manage and prioritise customer queries
- The energy and enthusiasm to maintain a high volume of inbound calls
- To be willing to listen to and support colleagues
Find more Accounts Software Support Consultant jobs in Maidstone
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Accounts Software Support Consultant job vacancies in the Maidstone and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.