London & South of England (office/field based, covering predominantly London & the South).
Salary: Up to £70k incl. overtime, & benefits package, depending on skill set and experience
We are proud to be the exclusive recruiters for our client Sota Solutions.
Sota Solutions is a market-leading IT solutions provider specialising in platform hosting, network infrastructure, data centre and business continuity services for small, medium and large enterprises, public sector and Education as well as other diverse market sectors.
Established for over 25 years, with a £6M turnover and a strong balance sheet, the company’s facilities include two data centres, a disaster recovery suite, a network operations centre, all located in a highly secure twenty-five acre campus in Kent. Sota has a record of sustained growth and is currently experiencing further rapid expansion. Sota is predominantly focused on Microsoft technologies, as well as industry leading providers of Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Wireless Technologies, Printers, Desktops and Servers, and Telephony and Connectivity services.
As an IT consultant, you will be spending a greater proportion of your time working in partnership with clients, advising them how to utilise and develop information technology in order to meet their business objectives or to resolve problems. You’ll work to improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems within many different diverse organisations.
You will be a good communicator, technically proficient and be able to provide strategic guidance to clients on technology and IT infrastructures and will enable major business process change through enhancements to IT. You may also be called upon to provide guidance and technical expertise during design, selection and implementation, as well as technology selection.
As an IT Consultant you will be responsible for:
- Meeting with clients to determine their technology requirements
- Working with clients to clearly define the scope, quality, cost and timescales for outcome success
- Clarifying client system specifications, understanding working practices and the nature of their business
- Travelling to customer sites and liaising with staff at all levels within their organisation
- Defining software, hardware and network requirements
- Analysing IT requirements within clients and giving independent and objective advice on the use of IT
- Developing agreed solutions and implement new technologies
- Presenting solutions in clear and consistent written or oral reports using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Helping clients with complex change-management activities
- Designing, testing, installing and monitoring new systems during the Project phase
- Preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers on implementation projects
- Remaining involved in pre-sales and post-support, and where appropriate, maintaining contact with client organisations to continuously advise on longer term programmes of work.
Other essential requirements include:
- A smart, professional appearance
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service and a strong desire to overachieve and excel within the company
- Flexibility and adaptability, a strong decision maker with a logical approach to problem solving, analysis and solution design.
- The ability to work well in a team environment, but also able to lead and drive customers towards success
- Candidates must have a current driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
- Due to the nature of this role, candidates will be expected to pass Security Clearance.
The candidate will be technical proficient in the following areas:
- Microsoft technologies, including Office 365 Cloud, Exchange and SQL; experience of designing and implementing MS Azure / AWS would be advantageous
- You will be a trail blazer in solution development, guiding the implementation of new products, services, procedures and standards within the company.
- Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy
- Virtualization technologies including Hyper-V or VMware
- Network hardware including Routers, Firewall, Switches, Wi-Fi
- Storage including SAN, NAS, SCSI, iSCSI and Fibre Channel
- Mobile Device Management, Security products and controls
- Backup and DR technologies with a strong understanding of BCP.
- A good understanding of Cybersecurity, Risk and Change Management
The Infrastructure Consultant role may require extended or unsocial hours occasionally. There is the potential to augment the basic salary with overtime payments. The role may involve some manual handling from time to time including the movement of Servers, hardware and racking of equipment.
Sota Solutions values diversity and operates a fair recruitment process free of discrimination.
We may maintain a register of candidates that have applied for this role, but will remove such information once the recruitment process has concluded, any queries in relation to Sota Data Privacy should be directed to email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Find more Infrastructure Consultant jobs in Sittingbourne.
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Infrastructure Consultant job vacancies in the Sittingbourne and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
- SalaryTo £70k (incl. overtime) and benefits
- Our ReferenceVR/02448R
- Location Sittingbourne, Kent
- Specialism IT Infrastructure
- Vacancy Type Full Time