Our client is looking to recruit a well organised and highly logical Java Developer with exposure to Microservices Architecture based on Spring Boot. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience and will be looking to enhance their career in the exciting world of Enterprise Information Management.
To apply for the role candidates must be eligible for UK Security Clearance (SC).
As a Java Developer, your initial assignment will be based in Croydon on a Big Data project working against HDP platform developing services to process data in real time. However, our client is based in Kent and operates a number of projects throughout the UK and Europe and ideal candidates will be willing to travel globally.
Most importantly, the role includes the challenge of dealing with the ‘people’ factor and the wide variety of national and corporate cultures that you will meet in your daily business. You will be able to draw on a breadth of communication skills to evidence to stakeholders at all levels what you do with systems and data to enhance business benefit. You will need to express yourself clearly and concisely at the level of your audience, be they business people looking for business value, or technical experts looking for technical discipline and rigour.
To apply you must:
· Have a minimum of two years strong Java 8 development experience with demonstrable exposure to Microservice Architecture.
· Have credible experience in Spring Boot, Big Data, Hadoop, HDP/Cloudera, Kafka, Samza, Spark and AWS.
· Be eligible for UK Security Clearance (SC).
· Be a team player, who is also confident working on their own as the need arises.
· Be educated to graduate level (or a professional equivalent) in computer science or a similar related mathematics, science or engineering subject that demonstrate a sound grasp of logic and reason.
· Be a good communicator, including written and verbal communication and a good listener, with the ability to grasp complex business situations and represent them technically.
· A good listener, with the ability to grasp complex situations and a forensic ability to distinguish and separate evidence from opinion and emotion.
· Able to plan and prioritise your workload.
· Hungry to learn new ideas and technologies.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in and/or a desire to learn Enterprise Information technology stacks, such as Informatica MDM, IBM MDM, Informatica PowerCenter, IBM DataStage, Informatica DQ, IBM Information Analyser, QualityStage, Orchestra Networks EBX and Semarchy MDM.
Find more Java Developer jobs in Croydon
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Java Developer job vacancies in the Croydon and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
- SalaryTo £35k
- Our ReferenceVR/02416R
- Location Croydon
- Specialism Software Developer
- Vacancy Type Full Time