Java Developer / Engineer
Up to £30k DOE
Sittingbourne Kent, UK
Our client is currently looking to recruit Java Developers / Engineers ideally with at least two years of practical experience. However they will also consider recent Graduates with Strong Java skills. They operate in a wide range of sectors including household names and government bodies. Recent Enterprise Information Management projects cover Banking, Insurance, Pharmaceutical, Government (at all levels), Retail and Transport sectors.
The role of Java Developer will be responsible for the delivery of new Amazon Web Service based software and unit tests by following documented designs and analysing, diagnosing, and fixing bugs in existing software.
As you progress within the role of Java Developer you will become responsible for the execution of work packages and programme specifications and will be able translate these into efficient and effective unit tested code, which supports the wide variety of customer systems supported by our client. Furthermore, the Java Developer will be confident in assisting Analyst colleagues in investigating support incidents so that you may identify the root cause of the issue and where applicable develop, test and implement robust solutions.
In return you will receive a completive salary and benefits package which includes a pension plan, holiday allowance, private healthcare, life assurance as well as personal development opportunities.
To apply you must be:
- Educated to graduate level (or a professional equivalent) in computer science or a similar related mathematics, science or engineering subjects.
- A full stack developer with at least 2 years of experience of Java 8, Angular, Spring-boot, Maven, REST, mySQL and Unit Test technologies. Experience of AWS and PHP technologies is also desirable.
- A good communicator, including written and verbal communication.
- A good listener, with the ability to grasp complex situations, and a forensic ability to distinguish and separate evidence from opinion and emotion.
- Self-motivated and able to plan and prioritise your own workload within agreed timeframes.
- Hungry to learn new ideas and technologies.
Find more Java Developer / Engineer jobs in Sittingbourne
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Java Developer / Engineer job vacancies in the Sittingbourne and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.