Our client has over 25 years of experience delivering highly-focused, in-depth business intelligence, quickly and efficiently. They hire ambitious and passionate talent into their business and are proud of the steps they take to maximise potential in their employees, nurturing and supporting their professional and personal development. They believe that in order for their employees to flourish, it’s important to strike a healthy work/life balance. They provide modern, open-plan, light working environments, flexible working hours, 25 days holiday and free beverages, fresh fruit and biscuits.
The Junior Developer will work under the guidance of a more senior developer, providing assistance and support to the project team in the design and implementation of group products, applications, websites and tools, both external and internal.
The Junior Developer will be exposed to all aspects of the development lifecycle and will be provided with a range of project tasks to complete as well as a number of key research, training and learning opportunities. This will enable the junior developer to obtain a greater understanding of the tools, techniques and processes required as a Group developer.
The Junior Developer will assist with design, implementation and testing tasks, taking guidance from a more senior colleague while remaining responsible for the thorough testing of all work and getting the work reviewed to ensure that it meets the quality standards required of our products.
The Junior Developer will actively seek opportunities to learn new and legacy skills, techniques, tools and technologies with the goal of playing a larger and more autonomous role within the project team.
The role will involve:
· Sub-module / small module level design and implementation
· Creation / implementation of automated tests at unit and integration level based on a template or prior example
· Learning and application of good development practice & patterns from other developers within the team
· Assisting with the creation of estimates and ensuring these estimates are met
· Supporting the team by adopting new initiatives and approaches when required
· Demonstrating a positive work ethic and willingness to learn new tools, techniques and technologies
· Assisting with the creation of parts of technical specifications, design and analysis documentation
· To thoroughly test their own code at unit and module level with the aim of exceeding the quality level expected, including implementation of repeatable test automation modules where required. Seeking guidance from a more senior team member to approve the quality of test automation code
· Supporting the project management function by monitoring your individual tasks and providing appropriate feedback on progress
· Taking an active part in project meetings, offering constructive and honest feedback of positive and negative aspects of the project
· Experience of C#, .Net, cloud services (eg Azure or AWS) and agile scrum processes would be an advantage
· A desire and natural aptitude for rapid self-learning, actively seeking opportunities for personal development
· A desire to employ modern technologies to solve customer and business problems
· An effective communicator with both colleagues and managers
· The ability to produce routine reports, documents and process outputs from standard templates
Find more Junior developer jobs in West Malling
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Junior developer job vacancies in the West Malling and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
- SalaryTo £28k
- Our ReferenceVR/02471J
- Location West Malling
- Specialism Software Developer
- Vacancy Type Full Time