Our client is growing quickly and looking for talented, skilled, super passionate people to join the team.
Our client, headquartered in Germany, operates internationally in 45 countries. As a market leader, they develop and distribute software, hardware and solutions with great passion.
The UK subsidiary, which specialises in Real Time Information (RTI) Systems, is looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer to join its team in Crawley.
The Pre-Sales Engineer role is to provide a wide variety of pre- and post-sales hardware and engineering support to the business and would suit someone with a strong track-record in electronics, hardware and embedded software, combined with the ability to problem solve, understand system processes and create turnkey solutions.
The Pre-Sales Engineer will be proactive, have a customer centric approach and excellent attention to detail.
Core responsibilities of Pre-Sales Engineer:
- Collate, interpret and consult on customer requirements
- Site system surveys
- Turnkey system (pre-sales) design
- Articulate and present system designs and method statements
- Compile bill of materials
- Identify, qualify and select external suppliers and validate new product supply
- Input into Product Development to enhance robustness, performance and reliability
- Investigate and resolve issues from a component to system level
- Provide customer support to resolve issue and deliver improvements
Key skills and experience required for the role of Pre-Sales Engineer:
- Pre-sales experience, notably requirements analysis, system design and ability to articulate proposed solutions internally and externally
- Hardware system configuration and customisation
- Written responses and documentation for tenders
- You will have previous test and repair experience
- Knowledge of analogue and digital Electronics is essential
- Proven track record of hands on design and development within an electronics environment
- EMC compliance knowledge
- Experience with TFT / LED displays, Touch screen HMIs, Vehicle tracking systems
- Experience with Linux embedded software preferred
- Experience using KiCad or DesignSpark PCB or similar would be beneficial
- Knowledge and experience in automotive electrics would be an advantage
- Be self-motivated, proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
- Have a methodical and systematic approach to problem solving and documenting output
- Customer staff training
- Competent using Microsoft Excel (primarily for creation of bill of materials)
- Be a team player and able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Be prepared to work in the field as required
Qualification and educational requirements:
- Preferred – Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or other relevant discipline
Find more Pre-Sales Engineer jobs in Crawley
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Pre-Sales Engineer job vacancies in the Crawley and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.