Research Support Engineer
Our client is currently seeking a confident and enthusiastic Research Support Engineer to support their Research Director developing video compression methods and techniques that are applied as a core process for a range of products. The applicant needs to be highly confident in video and computer technology and its setup and configuration. The applicant should also have the confidence to investigate and understand new technologies and methods of operating, be able to work with a variety of technical products, to operate, update and maintain them. They should have an enquiring mind and enthusiasm to learn new things, investigate and ask questions. They are seeking a quality Research Support Engineer who can help them grow and who desire to achieve a professional and rewarding career opportunity.
20 days holiday rising throughout service
Company Pension and Sick Pay.
There is great scope for professional development; to be trained and involved in various other projects.
Qualified candidates for the role of Research Support Engineer will have:
· Experience with: Video and Computer Graphics, electronics test equipment
· Knowledge of PC video compression formats and players, with a good understanding of how to get the best performance out of them
· Ability to specify and build custom, high performance PCs to facilitate testing
· UK First Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in electronics or other relevant subject
· Minimum of 2 years hardware design engineering experience
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Be able to investigate and research technology and solutions under the guidance of the Research Director
· Good interpersonal skills, able to work co-operatively in a team environment and as part of a close interaction with the Research Director, be willing and able to hold constructive technical discussions to review research finding goals
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Research Support Engineer:
· Support and assist the Research Director in his activities.
· Operate and maintain test configurations. Set up equipment to an advanced level. Configure video codecs and investigate methods of maximising test equipment performance
· Research and recommend test equipment to fulfil new research requirements
· Document test setups and configurations
· Performance other activities and responsibilities as requested by the Research Director
Find more Research Support Engineer jobs in Dartford
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Research Support Engineer job vacancies in the Dartford and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.