Our client, the World leader in their field, are recruiting for a Senior Conversions Developer. You will be working closely with the Operations department and the wider business. Due to business needs and demands the client can offer flexible working arrangements across the working week.
You will be responsible for internal tooling and working towards end to end conversion development, whilst developing and owning complex conversion features.
They are looking for someone to become a highly valued and effective member of the International Scrum team, working effectively with others and delivering high quality, accurate and robust code and building a strong relationship with their developers based in New Zealand.
Leading by example with a true hunger and thirst for learning, whilst demonstrating real world application of new technologies and strategies are key to this role, alongside delivering continuous improvement through best practice methodologies to reach both personal and work orientated goals.
The company promotes an environment of mutuality, no politics and each person being as important as the next. They recognise creativity and encourage it, open communication and strong ethics
Up to 10% annual discretionary bonus.
25 days holiday
Life Assurance Cover
Company Contributed Pension Scheme
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Business Travel & Emergency Cover
Skills and Experience required for the role of Senior Developer
- Extensive experience with .NET, especially WinForms and WPF
- Extensive SQL knowledge on Microsoft SQL Server
- Also desirable but not essential knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS Access, Firebird, Absolute DB, Topspeed, FileMaker, FoxPro, ODBC, CSV
- Deep knowledge of architectural patterns such as MVC, MVP, Micro-services
- Understanding of XML
- Excellent Problem solving and analysis skills
- Skilled at mentoring junior team members
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in API development
- AWS knowledge desirable
- Agile and Scrum training.
Responsibilities for the role of Senior Developer
- Customer API development
- Conversion tooling in house and across wider business, contributing to end to end conversion development
- Conversion UI development toolkit
- Developing and owning substantially complex conversion features
- Being a highly valued and effective member of the International scrum team and local conversion team
- Deliver high quality, accurate and robust code that other team members can learn from
- Mentoring and coaching others in the team for technical excellence
- Participating in code reviews
- Supporting and championing agreed development processes, tools and techniques such as design patterns, continuous integration refactoring and security
- Introducing best practice and continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean Six sigma and Black Box Thinking
- Leading by example
- Customer development liaison
Personal Attributes of the Senior Developer
- Passionate about software development
- Passionate for driving change and challenging the norm
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across all departments
Qualifications and Attributes of the Senior Developer
- Education – Degree in Computer Science or related qualification
- Experience – 5+ years of hand-on experience in the development environment
Find more Senior Developer jobs in Gillingham
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Senior Developer job vacancies in the Gillingham and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
Salary£50 - £60K
Location Gillingham Kent
Specialism Software Developer
Vacancy Type Full Time