Opportunity to work from home 2 days per week if desired
Our client is looking for a Web Developer to join their team. They are looking for developers looking to work with a modern technology stack in a Hybrid-cloud hosted environment.
The company employs 110 staff with 47 of these being within the Technology team which consists of Development, DevOps, testing and support. Although well-established there is still very much a start-up feel and a chance to shine and be recognised. The company has excellent staff retention with many of the staff having also previously worked together in other companies. They are very warm and welcoming and new members to the team settle in very quickly. The culture is relaxed and friendly and many employees meet-up socially.
In this role you will have the opportunity to become involved in some interesting projects both in-house development and also international client-driven projects. You will have the opportunity to be a driver in the direction the process takes. Our client has a very no-nonsense approach to their work and so there are not the frustrations that you may have encountered in other Development roles.
This is a combined development team and good communication skills are key as you will work together across the board.
We are looking for a Web Developer with C# Full Stack experience, working in our client’s Web scrum team with a focus on development. The role will be responsible for web application development across the eCommerce and Online Management Portal; working closely with other multi-disciplined engineers in the team to complete analysis, feasibility, design and implementation of requirements from both internal and external customers to deliver changes and new features into the Pre-Production and Production environments.
There is good scope for promotion and development. This role has become available due to a mixture of expansion and promotion. There are also good opportunities for upskilling with training offered. Our client prides itself on using the latest cutting-edge technologies.
Benefits with the role of C# Software Engineer include the following:
· Opportunity to work from home 2 days per week if desired
· Pension (2.5% employee, 2.5% employer increasing by 0.5% each year of service)
· BUPA healthcare
· BUPA cash plan (cash-back for items like dental and glasses)
· Death in service
· Income protection
· Car parking loans
· Travel loans
· Enhanced maternity and paternity
· 25 days holiday
· Pizza payday
· Payday drinks
Duties of the Web Developer
- Analysing business requirements to ensure feasibility and documenting design of implementation
- Writing high-quality code and unit tests in-line with company coding standards to satisfy requirements
- Identifying deficiencies within the system and providing clearly documented recommendations for resolution
- Act on reported problems raised by production teams in a timely manner
- Provide clear and concise release documentation to Network Operations team to assist with application deployment
- Create, maintain and execute unit tests
- Isolate software problems and produce clear and detailed analysis to fix the associated problem
- Verify implementation of work items against defined acceptance criterion
- Participate in planning, reviews, retrospectives and estimations with the Platform team
- Provide clear and concise solution improvements for applications and services
- Embracing new technologies and development techniques to help improve solution quality, security and performance
- Develop expertise in the development environment, including, but not limited to, databases, networking and service configurations
Required skills of the Web Developer
· Experience with Distributed Systems
· Excellent knowledge of C# ASP.NET (MVC and Web API) with at least 4 years of commercial experience
· Experience working with relational databases, in particular SQL Server
· Experience in creating and consuming RESTful APIs
· Experience of OOP and SOLID principles
· Experience of MVC and other architectural patterns.
· Experience with .Net Core and Standard
· Experience of WCF
· Experience of working with GIT source control
· Experience of Typescript
· Knowledge of Cake and YAML
· Experience working with Telerik Kendo controls
· Experience of architecting distributed systems
· Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment
· Experience utilising Microsoft Azure or other cloud-based services
· Practical experience Team Foundation Server / Azure DevOps (VSTS)
· Experience of automated deployment tools such as Octopus Deploy
· Knowledge of DevOps, Continuous Integration and Automated Deployments
SKILLS & VALUES
· Excellent analytical abilities with keen attention to detail
· Strong collaboration/team player
· Willingness to step outside comfort zones
· Mature approach to the business
· Ability to communicate will all levels of the organisation
Find more Web Developer jobs in Maidstone
Contact 1stChoiceJobs for other latest Web Developer job vacancies in the Maidstone and surrounding areas. 1stChoiceJobs is a specialist IT recruitment agency offering IT vacancies across Kent.
- Our ReferenceVR/02523R
- Location Maidstone, Kent
- Specialism Software Developer
- Vacancy Type Full Time